We accept wholeheartedly the revelation of God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the faith summarized in the historic statements of the Christian church, being the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed. The following doctrines are crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the gospel and to practical Christian living.
1. The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and ﬁnal judgment.
2. The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, bringing everyone under God’s wrath and condemnation.
4. The substitutionary sacriﬁce of the incarnate Son of God as the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
5. The justiﬁcation of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ cruciﬁed and risen from the dead.
6. The illuminating, indwelling, empowering, gift-giving, fruit generating and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit in the believer.
7. The unity and common priesthood of all true believers, who together form the one universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head.
8. The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ.